2FA authentication is extremely important to ensure account security. We advise all our users to enable 2FA authentication and have it bound onto their Google Authenticator at all times. Follow the step-by-step guide to enable 2FA for your BITFLEX account:
- Log Into your BITFLEX account. Find the profile icon on the top right corner and click on Security.
- In the security settings, you will see an option to set Google Authentication. Click on the Set button.
- Install the Google Authentication app from the Play Store on your mobile phone. The official links for the installation file are provided on the Bind Google 2FA page. If you have already installed the Google Authenticator app, you can click on the I've downloaded button to continue.
- After you have installed the Google Authenticator app, scan the QR code to add your BITFLEX account to your authenticator app. Also, write down the 16 digital private key codes and store it in a safe place to recover your Google Authenticator in case you lose your mobile phone.
For security purposes, the QR code and private key code is blurred in the image below.
- After adding your BITFLEX account to your Google Authenticator, click on the next button. You will be taken to a new screen. In this screen you will have to enter your email verification code and your newly added Google Authenticator code to confirm your 2GA settings. To get your email verification code, click on the Send Code button and enter the code you receive on your linked email. To get your Google Authenticator code open the Google Authenticator app and find the code for your BITFLEX account.
- Click on the Confirm button after you have filled all the required fields.
Congratulations, you have successfully enabled 2FA for your account.